The Tannaim and Amoraim - A Guide to the Chachmei HaTalmud
A new window of understanding into the Mishnah and Gemara
This masterful work brings clarity to the study of Shas by providing concise but enlightening biographical portraits of the main Tannaim and Amoraim, with information and guidance for every level of study. It features:
- Historical background -- where and when they lived
- Biographical data -- who their rebbeim, talmidim, and relatives were
- Stories from their lives
- Explanatory notes and source references
- A helpful index, maps, and glossary
- Informative appendices for further study
An essential guide for the study of Shas!
"... a valuable reference for lomdei Torah, which will give much needed context for their studies."
-- Rav Ahron Lopiansky
Rosh HaYeshiva, Yeshiva of Greater Washington
Author: Rabbi Nosson Wiggins
Hardcover | 6" x 9" | 210 pages | ISBN 9781607633006